Cellar Door

Thursday, May 25, 2006






So, on the list of things that I thought I would be doing last night, shooting pool with Matt Pfhol in Long Island never really came to mind. But it was a blast nonetheless. So today was spent running all over Manhattan, it was my first time in NYC. I saw Time Square, strolled through Central Park, and took the subway all over the city. I've come to the conclusion that NYC is exactly like Chicago but with more cabs, and everyone is angry. Our trip ended with Matt, Jared, and I running down 5th Avenue during rush hour to get on the train so that Jared could make his flight. All of yesterday's problems were solved and by this time tomorrow I will be on my way to Paris. It looks like I'm staying with Matt's friend Timmy's family again tonight. Seriously these are the nicest people I've ever met. Jared and Matt, I owe you guys huge! You saved my ass big time! Here are a few pics of my day. Most of them are around Time Square, there is also one of Jared and Matt riding the subway and the pic of the three of us is in the Apple Store that just opened. Char would have thought it was very sexy.

Best lines of the day:
Matt (singing his own opera): "Tengo pantalones rancheros! Donde esta la biblioteca?"

Matt (Still singing 2 min later, he holds this word out for nearly a minute): "Boligrafo!"
Christina: "Peeeeeen!"

One thing I forgot to mention about yesterday: funny story. So my luggage broke at JFK, and Random Cute Guy comes up to me and asks if he can help. So we start talking, it turns out Random Cute Guy works for CBS and he's doing this story on pilots who fly drunk, which was very comforting just before we were about to take off. Either way I tell Random Cute Guy that I've shot for CBS before during my internship in Chicago. So Random Cute Guy and I decide to get coffee. That's right about when Random Cute Guy turns into Random Douche Bag. He proceeds to tell me about the guy's wife he just hit on. And then says "So, you're from the Midwest huh?" and then tells me about the slew of Midwestern girls that he's slept with. And what started out as an intelligent conversation about contemporary news media digressed into lecture about which state has the best tits.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bored, and you're not online. Way to let me down. Hope everything is worked out now and tell everyone I say hi!

Love,

Me

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey christina, hows it going so far? I got bored so i decided to check out ur blog. I hope u eventually make it to India. Take a lot of pictures. Have fun on your trip, srry i couldnt make it to your going away party, i was about 1,300 miles away. Alright im out of here

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope your trip has been incredible so far! im sure you've been soakin up the culture of india. keep updating this journal, cause im stoked to see your india photos!
Love love, char
p.s. i was rockin out to fall out boy the other day thinking of you ;)
and hey i definitely would think an apple store was very sexy =)

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home